Recent Posts

Sunday, November 21, 2010

WARMUP OF THE DAY #2: HE-MAN

It's time for the warmup of the day!

I was obsessed with He-Man as a kid. With only three or four channels on a black and white television, the cartoon's fantasy world filled my imagination with its colorful cast of characters and ridiculously scripted dialogue. Kids in my neighborhood would reenact each episode, swinging their wooden sticks and calling to the power of greyskull. The show was to my generation what Bonanza was to my parent's, a huge part of a child's upbringing.

He man broke the pattern of my daily doodling. No longer was I drawing doughnut shaped cars from the side view, I was inspired to explore the anatomy of miss-proportioned 80's cartoon characters.

I realized I haven't drawn my child hood hero since I came to the states and started studying art. With each daily warmup drawing I hope to recall the little things that made me interested in art in the first place.



thanks for reading guys!
-Tin

1 comment:

pw! said...

these warm ups are amazing!