Recent Posts

Monday, June 7, 2010

Cover Sketches- Francis Vallejo



Yo! These sketches I did a while back for a cover gig. It was anticipated to be for 5 issues so I had the idea of having one image slowly reveal itself across the bottom of all 5 issues with the top image changing depending on the issue. The "X" on the cooler is a placeholder for the title. I was asked to make revisions to the bottom image at the last second, so I dropped in 3d models which ended up getting the job done nicely. The 2nd image shows other concepts for what the top section could look like.

Unfortunately the series never made it off the ground, so this is as far as these drawings will go.

In other news, I'm about to hop on a plane to Austin, TX to begin setting up the TAD POD location. Soon after, from June 14th-30th I'll be in Kansas City helping out at the Illustration Academy. Busy month!! Hope to meet folks!

take care,
-francis

No comments: